Finally some beach time...!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
October 13th 2012
Published: October 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I've just realised how long its been since we last updated...ooops. When you're having too much fun and alll that...

So we moved on from Hue and despite the rain we managed to have a pretty good time. Our hostel was the best ever and made our stay there so lovely. The second day didn't rain as much during the day so we rented scooters and went to see some famous tombs and a pagoda. Scooters seem to be the ideal way to get around everywhere, despite the roads being a little on the crazy side everyone seems to be on the ball and just move around you. The following day we jumped on a bus and continued dow the coast to Hoi An thinking that the rain might move on and leave us some beach time.

On the first night went to this resturant that had been recommended to us by our hostel. It was fair to say it was pretty damn amazing. There is no actual menu and before you even sit down they filled our table with fresh food and a lady came over and fed us full of spring rolls, chicken and pork. She would ask if we were full and if we said no more food appeared within seconds. Truely awesome.

The next day we rented bikes and cycled around to see the Japanese covered bridge and the old town and then finished the day on the beach jumping over the waves especially Craig who is never out of the sea. Personally there is only so much getting slapped about by waves i can take. I'm just not big enough to take it!

The next day we had signed up for a cooking class so we arrived at the restuarant called "Morning Glory" and went on a bicycle tour of the local herb farms and visited the famous house which makes noodles for the whole of Hoi An. Even through the rain it was pretty beautiful. We then went back to the restuarant to begin our cooking class. The place we were doing it is famous in Vietnam for being amazing and we had heard how good it was from a few friends so we were expeting great things. The first thing we made was a shrimp parcel soup which we ate straight after then we made our own srpring rolls which were amazing (obviously) and then savoury pancakes and then ending with chicken skewers and a fresh mango salad. It was honestly one of the best meals we have ever tasted. It turns out Craig is a little competative when it comes to cooking so it every dish was a competition, needless to say i lost a few times.

We left in the bus that evening for Nha Trang, further down the coast. We plan to stay here for a few days. Theres not loads of things to do but there's a lovely beach and tomorrow we plan to go to the mud baths which is a must to do here apparently. Plus the rain seems to have subsided for now so we can get a good full day of getting slapped by waves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



20th October 2012

Water
Like father like son always in the water x

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb