Nha Trang day 4 : Scuba Dive and sum up


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
September 23rd 2010
Published: September 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nha Trang is world famous for snorkelling and scuba diving. There are many islands that dot the bay and these are ideal for water sports. Divers from as far as America throng the small islands for the amazing facilities here. The city itself sports over a dozen shops that offer diving equipment and attire. Most of the travellers and divers who come to Nha Trang look beyond scuba diving as a leisure sport. They are keen to get certified and some even show interest in taking it up professionally. The certification offered at Nha Trang is recognised around the world and is considered among the best in the field. Amateur divers looking for certification will not be disappointed, for they can get this during the period of their stay itself.
You won’t find big marine life at Nha Trang, like sharks or manta rays (although there is a particularly huge moray eel, a couple of metres in length, who is occasionally enticed out of his hole with some tasty morsels). But there is an abundance of life here that makes for fascinating diving.
Nha Trang is particularly famed for its nudibranches, tiny but exquisitely colourful creatures that sit amongst the coral. It takes a while to be able to spot they because they are so small, but soon they are to be seen everywhere. Given the vibrancy of the nudibranches and corals’ colours, plus the fact that neither of them tends to move much, Nha Trang is also well suited for those looking to hone their underwater photography skills.
Moreover, because each of the sites are relatively shallow and only require following the sea floor behind a guide, they’re perfect for those who want to learn scuba and for divers who are a bit rusty. It’s the ideal place for relaxed dives where you spend most of your time really looking at things rather than worrying about logistics.

We found the dive center incidentally. This center based on the next door of our hotel. Is was run by a group of French who built this for 3 months but on my opinion their service was perfect and professional.
Center car picked us at 8 a.m to the harbor and it took us about 30 minutes from main land to Mun Island whereas we will have twice diving places with the price 600,000 vnd. Don’t worry in case you didn’t know swimming because each time you go under the water, you will be taken care by one dive master, thus follow his instruction and ask him which point you want to go.
Before we dived, the dive master instructed us how to use the oxygen tank and how to give the sign under water. Not so difficult to remember all sign. Each place, we have about 30-40 minute and the maximum depth is around 4-5 meters. Just enjoyed the time you dive because you might be lost in another world, the world of color, of fish, coral… and ….only you.

Here is the detail plan for Nha Trang tour:
Day 1: from Ha Noi to Nha Trang by train: cost 1,030,000 vnd
Day 2: 4 islands tour: 120,000 vnd
Day 3: Orchid Island; Doclet resort, Vinpearland: 200,000 vnd for one day taxi; 300,000 for vinpearl entrance fee; 200,000 vnd for canoe
Day 4: Scuba diving: 600,000 vnd for 2 diving places; Mud bath: 150,000 vnd
Day 5: Back to Ha Noi on Vietnam airline: 1,700,000 vnd
Hotel and food: 1,500,000 vnd
Total: 6,500,000 vnd



Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb