NHA TRANG


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
April 13th 2006
Published: April 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WELCOME PARTYWELCOME PARTYWELCOME PARTY

These women are welcoming the ship to port. They are the tour guides for the bus tours.
The main attractions of the coastal town of Nha Trang are the monumental Cham Towers and white sand beaches. This area is also known to have the best coastal climate in Vietnam.

The port was established in 1924 and became a popular recreational spot for American sailors during the Vietnam War. Nha Trang’s earlier existence goes back to the Cham Kingdom, a civilization originated with the migration of Malay-Polynesians. The Cham people are one of Vietnam’s ethnic minorities with their own language. In their unique culture the women select their husbands and give their property to their daughters rather than their sons. Over the years the Cham have acclimated to the ways of the Vietnamese while at the same time retaining many of their ancient customs.

The two tiered city of Nha Trang offers both a sleepy seaside community and a bustling city center with buildings dating from the French colonial time to post Vietnam War.
The palm lined seafront is dotted with cafes and food stalls.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

NHA TRANG FERRIESNHA TRANG FERRIES
NHA TRANG FERRIES

These small boats ferry the locals to different islands.
CHAOSCHAOS
CHAOS

Look at this organized chaos. These are all ferry boats taking people to other local islands. The boats get so close to each other yet never seem to crash.
ANNIVERSARY CAKEANNIVERSARY CAKE
ANNIVERSARY CAKE

Our anniversary is April 29 but we are celebrating it today, April 13, which would have been my mother's 78th b-day. The ship sent this cake to our room.


14th April 2006

Congrats....
I thought it was too early for your Anniversary,,,cause its the same as Brenden's bday....And a Happy Birthday to your Mom, she was a very very sweet lady~~ I know you still miss her. ::Hugs to you::

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb