Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
September 1st 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Again the coach dropped us off outside a hotel which we decided to stay at. The rooms were reasonably priced for what we got, our room having air con add a balcony with a view of the sea. The hotel was just around the corner from being on the main road which runs along the beach front. Th ereason we came to Nha Trang was for the mud bath and spa centre. Therefore we asked the hote to arrange it for us after eating our breakfast. We were picked up after breakfast by a minibus with a few other passengers, the minibus wound its way through the back streets of Nha Trang, past the harbour and all of the colourful finishing boats.

We were ushered through the turnstiles into a large complex with feature lake and gardens, pool, baths, showers, sprays and a restuarant. The process for us for to first jump into a shower in our swimmuig things with about 30 other people. After becoming clean we jumped into a mud bath with a vietnamese family and had warm mud pumped all over us. After 15 minutes of soaking we baked ourselves in the sun and then showered off in a hot mineral water shower. Next was a refreshing spray and a sock in our very own private hot water bath. Although at first it was nice, because it was so hot outside it became a little bit overwhlemning and did not stay in for the full 45mins which is recommened as part of the process. After about 30 mins we moved into the pool to cool off but realised at 38 degrees this water was neither comfortable or healthy so we headed back to the changing rooms and got a minibus back to the hotel.

For lunch we walked along the promenade to find a restuarnt which the canadian couple from Hoi An had recommended. Here we were able to laze by their pool and finally we had a beach!! The food and drink was very expensive but nice.

For dinner we found another beach front restaurant but upon realising the prices we only had a drink, got conned into buying some nuts and swiftly moved onto a backstreet pizzeria recommended by our travel guide book. This family run business was great, very hospitable. feeling full we headed back ot the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb