Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
August 12th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beach Bums Everywhere!


Dan and I spent 2 full days in Nha Trang. We spent the whole first day at the beach - it was beautiful. We hummed and complained about having to spend 25,000 VND to rent beach chairs under umbrellas...but then when we checked ourselves and realized that this was only $1.50, we gave in. The South China sea was so warm and the weather was perfect!

The second day in Nha Trang we rented a moto and toured about. We went to the Po Nagar Cham towers, dating back to the 7th century, and to the Long Son Pagoda. The pagoda was neat because it has a huge statue of a sleeping buddha (which I guess is quite rare).

Dan really liked the bars in Nha Trang - every bar has a happy hour (infact some last from 9 am until midnight) and they serve these "bucket" cocktails. We also met up with our friend Gary (who we met in Halong Bay). This place is all about a good time. It is good food, nice beach and great bar deals! I (Dan) was happy to take them up on their offer and have a few buckets (sorry no pics) but the just of it was Vodka, Tequila, Red Bull and Mango juice.....yum!

Jodi was a good sport through it all. She even stayed out one night until 1am. We had a good time and recommend this place to everyone.We are not really beach people but we did get sunburnt one day and stayed lounging all day. It was nice to be out in the evening and meet people, share some travel stories and exchange feedback on locals.

I think we could have stayed some more days but we had already booked our bus trip to Dalat. In the end we stayed three nights and smiled alot.

On to Dalat, the supposed honeymoon capital of Vietnam!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb