Nha Trang by Aishling


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
April 27th 2008
Published: May 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The first day in Nha Trang was pretty uneventful, we arrived pretty wreaked after the night bus so got some sleep and then explored the island. That evening we met the english lads we'd been trekking with (and keep meeting along the way) for dinner as it was one of their birthdays... he was 19.....we are like grannies compared to them but still managed to stay out later!! Went to a bar and then the Sailing Club and then a late club called "Why Not"....pretty apt name me thinks!! The following day we found the perfect hangover cure in a hot springs mudbath place. For a pricely sum of E9 we got to sit in a bath of mineral mud (which stank to high heavens by the way), then we'd to hop out and dry in the sun until our skin looked like elephants skin! after that we showered in mineral hot water from the springs and then sat in a mineral bath for a while. once completely clean we headed for the pool where we sat and sunbathed for a while before heading for our massage....it was really good and we all got the unique experience of having a vietnamese woman walk on your back which surprisingly was really nice, she got a good few cracks out of my one anyway!! The following day we spent some hours sunbathing and then went to see the Cham towers, a budda temple place, and a pagoda and big buddha. The next day we headed off on a boat trip, we were slightly apprehensive when we started out, there were about 10 westerners on the boat and maybe 40 very excitable vietnamese!! they seemed to know another group of vietnamese on another boat (which stayed beside us all day) and so were singing over and back to each other, this was at 8am like!! When we arrived at the snorkling site we all jumped into the water but id say the fishes swam far far away as all the vietnamese girls (who are a little silly...not to make a generalisation but well they are!) were screaming and yelping. So pretty crappy snorkling!! We had a lovely lunch after that and the crew set up their band and played us some songs....im not joking when i say that the drummer used some of the cooking pots from the kitchen!! After that they set up a floating bar in the ocean and we all took rings and went out for a drink or two. Onwards then to a small island where we sat and got to know our fellow westerners and finally then we headed back to the mainland. That night we met one of the women from the boat for dinner and a few of the others for drinks afterwards. The following day was pretty uneventful after that, stayed quiet in the hotel as the weather was pretty crap. The following day it improved and we headed to Vinpearl on Bamboo island. Theres a massive cable car over to it which is a bit scary but once there its cool, theres a brilliant water park and an amusement park so we returned to our childhood for the day and went up and down slides and had a great time. That night we headed out for our last night in Nha Trang as we got up at 7am for our bus to Dalat.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb