Get the party started...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 8th 2008
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thought I'd better give you a quick update as I have gone slightly awol after such a rush of entries at the start!
Cal, Sabine and I arrived in Nha Trang yesterday afternoon after a fabulous ride on the bikes from BMT, down the mountains and cross country. A little sun-kissed I think it's fair to say, as it's a staggering 38C here and the start of the dry season. The beach looks lovely and we found our way to a cool little hotel with a lovely rooftop terrace with sea view. The three of us are sharing an ensuite room for 10 quid a night! Gotta love this country.

The first night was pretty chilled out with a nice dinner on a third floor balcony overlooking the backpacker district. The service was a comedy of errors though. We ordered a bottle of vino but instead of going to get it the waiter hovered by our table waiting for the food order... we eventually ushered him away to fetch the wine, only to be told 15 mins later they don't have it, not sure where he's been looking for all that time. So we chose another, ten mins later.. oh no they don't have that one either. Surprisingly they only had the expensive ones available and none of the cheapos we were after. After much conflab we eventually agreed on a third. I think they got a rowing boat to South Africa to pick the grapes.

Then my dinner arrived. five minutes later Cal's another five mins or so before Sabine's showed up. Then the wine! Our little boy waiter stood right next to our table watching us eat all our food. Think he might have been hungry and waiting to see if we left anything!
Sabine decided on banana cake for dessert... we thought they'd gone off to bake the cake and grow the bananas, but no, they didn't have any cake.

Across the road is the notorious backpacker hangout 'Crazy Kim's' bar.. there were about three people inside and it didn;t look so crazy so we headed back to the hotel to see if there was a party on the roof (as had been rumoured earlier) We were the only ones there, but with a bottle of Saigon beer we settled into the hammocks under the stars. There are worse ways to end an evening.

Then a few more people arrived... a french guy, Benoire, who doesn't speak much English so Cal did her best French chirades and we managed to communicate. Then a few more people arrived back and we'd inadverntently started a little soiree.

2am to bed, relaxed and looking forward to a day by the sea.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb