My Son & Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
December 31st 2007
Published: February 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nha Trang is known for its beach location and laid back atmosphere. It is here that we put down our bags for a well earned rest from the hectic schedule. We booked into the hotel, which was actually quite nice. Close enough to the beach, but far enough away from the noise. Not that there was much noise. Its a really laid back place, and the beach is quite a nice beach, without being anything amazing.

We spent a day on another cruise, but this time snorkling in the clear waters of the south china seas. There is supposedly some great diving here, and is on the list of top ten dive sites. However, this was not the time of year, as visability is only about 5M. However, the snorkling proved to be a great treat, as the water was fresh, not too cold, and the coral was right there at your feet. Beautiful. Lots of little fish. Lots to drink, and a few mad people on the boat with us. We met this canadian couple, actually he was canadian, and she was russian. Nice couple, with a nice but very noisy 6 yr old girl. This girl latched on to us, playing with us, and we eneded up talking with the parents, and generally hanging out with them. Then the little girl sprang the surprise. I won't tell you exactly what, as i don't think it appropriate on this site, but she said explicit things to Carmen about me, and that got really scary. We weren't sure what to do or say, and we just left them all and walked away. VERY SCARY!!!!!

We spent a day riding a motorbike around, which is highly advisable if you want to get out of the city for a while. Its quite cheap, and you can do as you please.

Visited a ruined city called My Son. This place pre dates Ankor. It is where the Cham people (an ancient civilisation) lived. Its an interseting day out, and well worth it, especially before you visit Ankor. The religion is based on Hinduism, so there was some personal interest for me. The ruins are exactly that, and actually not that much to see, but you do get a guide, and he was great, giving great history on the people and the place during its reign.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

talking the talktalking the talk
talking the talk

the story of Cham Culture
like for likelike for like
like for like

a goddess in the making??
ignoring ordersignoring orders
ignoring orders

never liked signs anyhow!!!
on the beachon the beach
on the beach

Nha Trang
templetemple
temple

Nha Trang
My brotherMy brother
My brother

with buddhist monk, Nha Trang
touching buddahtouching buddah
touching buddah

Lying Buddah, Nha trang
an ear opening experiencean ear opening experience
an ear opening experience

look closely at the bell. See legs?
happy xmashappy xmas
happy xmas

xmas tree in Vietnam
La BambaLa Bamba
La Bamba

teaching a vietnemese to speak spanish is hard......
Indian National anthemIndian National anthem
Indian National anthem

teaching him to sing an indian song is nigh on impossible.....but hillarious!!!!
a drop in the oceana drop in the ocean
a drop in the ocean

being served all you can drink wine whilst swimming in the ocean. great or stupid??
leaving Nha Trangleaving Nha Trang
leaving Nha Trang

the start of the bike journey


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb