Nha Trang - Day 68 & 69


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 14th 2007
Published: May 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our overnight train arrived in Nha Trang bright and early at 5:30am. We had a good experience on the train for our first trip. The first class sleeper cars have 4 bunks. We bunked with an older Vietnamese couple that were already in bed when we borded the train. So we had a quiet night and slept pretty well. We awoke as the sun came up and got a chance to see some of Vietnam's countryside. It is really beautiful. It is just like you would imagine, flooded rice plains and people plowing the fields by means of water buffalo. Amazing!

Nha Trang is a beach town for both tourists and the locals. There are some beautiful islands off the coast and a picturesque stretch of sandy beach. We only had one night to check out the sights so we did a lot of walking to squeeze in the "must sees". We visited Long Son Pagoda and the great white buddha overlooking the town. We also stopped by the Nha Trang Catholic Cathedral. One great little experience here was discovering the baguettes. They are very tasty and more chewy than a usual baguette. Needless to say they make for a mean Vietnamese sandwich.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb