Nha Trang Islands


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 20th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just hanging about today awaiting my 7pm bus to take me up to Hoi An, an overnighter which is a pain but it's the only bus they run, still saves on a nights accomodation fees!

Yesterday was good fun, went out on a cheap and cheerfull 'fast food' trip. No not a trip to Maccy D's or KFC, but out in a boat to cruise round some local islands, the names escape me, they were pleasant enough but it was more the fun factor.

Our guide worried us at first, he took his microphone to the bow of the boat and started singing in perfect English 'My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion, as in from the Titanic movie. I was not filled with confidence with this.

Day turned out to be a bit of booze cruise, we tried snorkelling but the water was far to rough and murky, after a fine lunch, in typical South East Asian fashion we were all sent into the water to kick around in lifebelts and chase the guide sitting on a floating bar, what he had in his bottle was basically the Vietnamese version of buckfast but everyone made it back to the boat despite the currents, he needs health and safety when you're having fun?

Sat on a beach for many hours, chatting to some new found friends on the tour, and we visited an 'average' aquairiam, in that you saw things you snorkelled with in Thailand and Malaysia, but nevermind, realised as we chugged back to port just how burnt I'd got, the classic not thinking you need to cover up just because it's cloudy and raining, not so, ouch!

Still, attempted to hit the town, managed a few but started failing and ended up in some local 'disco' type bar where the music made your ears bleed, maybe it was just an over 30 grandad reaction, maybe it was my 3rd degree burns but I staggered home, stood under a soothing cold shower, then laid on my bed groaning for a while, sunburned in November, that's a first for me.

To be fair for a mere 6 dollars (drink and aqairium not included) it was a damn fun day, so it was with Hanh Cafe again anyone reading whose heading this way, and plenty of people on it which you don't always get in
Black Tip SharkBlack Tip SharkBlack Tip Shark

Swam with these in Malaysia but did not have a camera at the time.
the SE Asian saturated tours market.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb