Hoi An to Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
July 24th 2016
Published: July 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Given it was a Sunday I designated it as such, borrowed a bicycle from the guesthouse and cycled the 5 odd km to the beach. It was blazing hot, the kind of day that only mad dogs and English men go out in. It was really nice to be floating about in the sea again, you don't realise how much you miss it until it's not there. Anyway, I lazed about there until the heat and thirst drove me to pedal back to the guesthouse. Wandered back toward the old town, found a secondhand book store and something to read on the next couple of train trips, and had a really nice pho' ga, chicken noodle soup, for lunch then back to the guesthouse to check out and head for the train to Hue. The people at the guesthouse were really nice they were all lined up shaking my hand and presented me with a bag of freshly made bean paste sweets wrapped in banana leaves, then all waved as I left. The Greenbud guesthouse is far and away the best place I've stayed in on my trip to date. It was a 45 minute taxi ride back to Da Nang then 2.5 hours on the train to Hue, a mere eye blink compared to the last trip. It's a little disconcerting that all announcements are only in Vietnamese and there are no signs at the stations so you kind of have to guess where you are or use Google maps if you have data. The guesthouse in Hue is close to everything and even has hot water but the bed doesn't compare to the Greenbud, it's back to sleeping on billiard tables.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb