Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
January 8th 2005
Published: January 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

From Dalat we moved to another beach town - Nha Trang (here Angus and Kim left us to move further up north, so we're down to eight), kind of like the Gold Coast gone wrong, not much soul so we quickly got a ride a little further north to a place called Jungle Beach.

The beach was beautiful and much quieter than the other Vietnamese beaches we had been to. The place was run by a cool guy called Sylvio and his Vietnamese wife who cooked the most amazing food. It was a bit of a bummer we couldn;t venture out more as it rained steadily for three days so we left earlier than expected.

It was a little like a hippie commune, guys with tattoos WHY? And SEX on their hands who had been hanging out there for about six weeks! I felt like yelling at them to get off their bums and go and work for Greenpeace. They were the wrong kinds of hippies, ones who thought they were so way out and cool all "peace man" and "I accept everyone" but really just hypocrite losers. Everyone else was pretty cool though, had some great conversations and met some interesting people. Anyway, enough ranting.

Back to Nha Trang for one night and took the plane to Hoi An, where we all got sucked in by tailors. Pretty shoddy really, but quite funny. Hoi An was a beautiful quaint town - heaps of character and untouched by the war.

Went to the most fantastic restaurant, Mango which has been open seven months. A crazy Vietnamese guy who has lived everywhere - spent six months in NZ. We convinced him to give us a cooking lesson the next day and I've got a couple of great new tricks that we'll bring out next time you come for dinner!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb