4th of July - Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
July 4th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ted & DeNiseTed & DeNiseTed & DeNise

This was taken at the wedding.
The wedding last night was beautiful. The wedding party was dressed in traditional outfits as the monk performed the ceremony. He chanted (sang) a couple of prayers which was very cool. We all enjoyed a meal and cake afterward. Almost an American wedding.
This morning was our dedication ceremonies for the two schools. There were kids everywhere! It was so great to see. Ted spoke at the first school and help cut the ribbon for the new addition that was added. These are the most beautiful children. At the second ceremony, the kids danced for us. They were so good for being so young. We passed out small gift bags to each of the kids. They were filled with pencils, crayons, candy, a beanie baby and small toys. They were so excited but so restrained to not open their bags until they were told. They all waved goodbye as we headed back to the bus and back to the hotel. A majority of the group is heading to the airport to head home. Some, like us, are heading in different directions in Vietnam.

It’s been a wonderful, life-changing experience to visit Vietnam and to meet all the wonderful children, college students and shop owners during our stay. You can’t help feeling honored and proud to be a part of this project and I will definitely do it again. Thanks to Thuy Vo for allowing us to visit his country. Your family and friends are too kind and caring. We’ll miss all of our friends from Washington State and the fun on the bus and across the street at Mah’s but it will be nice to get home soon. I hope everyone has a safe and uneventful return to the States. We’ll see everyone when we return.
DeNise



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Jerra & MichaelJerra & Michael
Jerra & Michael

The newly wedded couple.
Cribbage at Mah'sCribbage at Mah's
Cribbage at Mah's

Corra and DeNise ruled at cribbage.
Beautiful GirlBeautiful Girl
Beautiful Girl

She was watching me take pictures so I had to take her's.
Ted Cutting the RibbonTed Cutting the Ribbon
Ted Cutting the Ribbon

This was taken at the first school's dedication ceremony.
AmandaAmanda
Amanda

Tu gave Amanda the flowers from the ceremony.
Inside of the ClassroomInside of the Classroom
Inside of the Classroom

This was before all the students got in.
ShoesShoes
Shoes

These were the shoes from the students left outside their classroom.
JessieJessie
Jessie

My niece was handing out gift bags to the kids.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb