Vietnam; Crocodiles and a life of luxury


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
October 14th 2006
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Horah we've escaped Cambodia! and now were in Vietnam, 3rd country in 6 weeks! The roads are even crazier here, but fewer potholes, just mader drivers! When we arrived in Ho Chi Minh city we got on the back on a mo-ped with my giant rucksack and no space, I nearly fell off on every corner we took, think London rush hour but with traffic approaching from all directions, you just have to swerve through, close your eyes and prey you get through it!

Ive instantly taken to this country, less harrassment, (well its done in a more poilte way!) beautiful scenery and very cheap.

Ho Chi Minh has a French feel to the place, in the architecture and the street life. A great city with a buzzing backpacker area. Good bars and lots to explore. We visited (another) war museum this one focusssed in the theme of 'we hate America!' it had some moving photos from the US war and everything was about what the US had done but nothing on the atrocities of the Viet Cong of course. I have been getting quite in to the history of this part of the world, so many years of war... not nice.

On a more quirky note I ate Japanese food above a crocodile! In the aquarium Cafe, with aquarium tables full of Crocs, turtles, sea horses etc... too cruel for my liking but mad to eat literally one inch above a Croc!

We then hit the beach (of course) we stayed at the most luxury resort, in bamboo huts with a pool next to sea. After a swift dip in the South China sea we opted for the pool as there were less hopping insects in there! The pool even had a bar in it so you you sit half submerged in water sipping a cocktail! Ah... this is the life! The area was surrounded by massive sand dunes and we visited some that literally looked like the Sahara desert, next to a lilly filled lake. Its was quite impressive, we went sand boarding and sweltered in the humidity!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb