Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
July 28th 2006
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mui Ne is a quiet town. Its beach offers a pleasant break from the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Min City and the humidity of the Mekong Delta. The beach is relatively un-spoilt, lined sparingly with a few bamboo bungalows. Along the beach there is a constant wind, which makes good surf, a popular spot for Americans during the war.

We chilled on the beach for a day, and headed 20km off in a taxi to the nearest town Phan Thiet, in search of some nightlife. On arrival the power in the town had gone, with only candles to guide us we ordered a traditional Vietnamese dish amusingly called Pho (childish I know, but makes me chuckle!) which consists of noddle and beef soup.

We found a local night club, the only place with electricity working! Once we walked through the door it was obvious not many tourists come here! Most of the locals just stared and laughed at us... we did try but failed miserably to communicate with them! Once the novelty of us wore off we just about managed to order a beer!!

The following day we hired a jeep and a guide to show us the sites. The first stop was the fishing village. Never before I have seen so many shell fish, small mountains of crabs, prawns and fish lined the beach. Mui Ne is clearly a small town with a big fishing industry. No guesses for what I eat that night. Seafood platter 😊

The second stop took us to the red sand dunes. Never before would I have believed sand dunes this big existed in Vietnam. These dwarf the ones I had previously seen in India. As we arrived we were both hassled by a bunch of kids eager for us to rent out their plastic sledges so we could slide down the dunes. We did and it’s surprising the amount of speed you could pick up... great fun!

Next we were led to the white sand dunes, these were even more impressive, a beautiful setting right next to a lake which stretched on for as far as the eye could see. The day ended with a trip to a colourful red canyon. The difference in the landscapes here just a short distance form each other is remarkable.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 97; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb