Mui ne, mean jelly fish and silly tailors


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
August 23rd 2011
Published: September 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

From Cambodia Brad and I hopped on a bus to Saigon. We wandered about the town a for a few hours until it was time to get on our second leg of travel to Mui Ne. Mui Ne was an amazing beach town with many water sports at our disposal. Brad and I kite-surfed and SUP boarded while we were there. During out SUP boarding adventure I had my legs in the water just for a few minutes and I was stung by a jelly fish. Aparently it was really unlucky as they aren't really suposed to be around right now. That resulted in my going to Dr. Wong to get 7 anti-toxin shots in the leg by 6 nurses that didn't speak english, crowding all around me. It was not a plesant expeience.

Now good as new we enjoyed the rest of our time in Mui Ne eating wonderful food by the ocean, getting massages and spinning poi. The people there were really impressed with the LEDs and even gave us a free drink for spinning at their place.

After Mui Ne we headed to Hoian. When we arrived, we were immediately shoved into the tailor chaos by our hotel Than Van I. It was totally insane, the ladies were crazy and a little annoying, getting impatient with how long it took us to make up our mind on fabric and what we wanted made. They were pricey too. I'd reccomend shopping around. The Tailors are really good at making what they already know how to make if you get anything really custom, it probably won't be what you expected. After tailoring, we decided to mix things up a bit by riding bikes to the beach. This turned out to be a really awesome experience. It allowed us to get out of town and really see the place closer up. The beach was really beautiful, with tons of palm trees for shade. At one point a few Vietnamese women started plopping chairs down right on top of us, indicating we were in their space...They ended up setting up a resturant on the beach. It was a little silly. We didn't decide to dine there, but instead biked back up towards the river and had a lunch at a place who's motto was "slow food for a slow life" This was right on the river, very relaxing and by far the best food I've had on my whole entire trip.

Next up for us is Hanoi to stay with Hanoi back packers and see what sort of adventures are in store around Halong Bay and Cat Ba.














Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb