Beaching in Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
December 23rd 2010
Published: December 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a couple rough travel days it was nice to be in a hostel right on a beautiful beach. We woke up ate breakfas then walked the 20 meters down to the beach. It was steaming hot so naturally we spent the day roasting in the sun and swimming in the warm ocean. Mui Ne has a very good wind so it is a hotspur for kite surfing and wind surfing. Matt and I were content to relax on the beau but James had decided long before we got here that he was going to get kite surfing lessons. We have planned to be here around 5 days so he can do the lessons and we can be on the beach for Xmas.

He ended up waking up early to go for his lessons and we never saw him until mug later in the day. We did get to was the kite surfers all day and it looks like a fun sport but really hard to learn. We watched new kitesurfers get battered by waves all day while trying to fly a kite with one hand position the board with the other and get hammered by massive waves. Luckily for James his first practice consisted of just flying the kite on the beach to learn how to control it. Good luck to him when he gets a board and a raging ocean to deAl with as well. I am more content to laze about toasting in the sun and enjoying the food and cocktails. On a side note we found that a big bottle of rum costs only a bck fifty here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb