Mui Ne - Sand Dunes and Flat Batteries


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
July 15th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So I'm really far behind now - this is over 2 weeks ago! So I'll keep it snappy - the beach wasn't that great, the sand dunes were beautiful and my camera ran out of battery just when I wanted it most. Not satisfied? Well I'll delve into my descriptive bowl for you once again.

I arrived from Saigon in the early afternoon, checked into a nice little bungalow and headed straight down to the beach, where unfortunately it wasn't sunny enough to enjoy properly. Mui Ne beach runs for something like 22km along the coast, and I imagine it could look stunning - it has white sand, palm trees etc. But it seems the beach is rather neglected - rubbish littered much of the sand so as to disrupt the views - Dissapointing. I did get a sunny day whilst I was here, and although the beach could've been nicer, it was still very pretty.

The best thing for me about Mui Ne where the sand dunes, which I visited on the back of a motorbike (again!) Simply stunning (I'm starting to wonder how many times I've used that statement in these blogs...) It's just like in the picture books. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have the forethought to charge my camera so as I got there it died, leaving only some pictures from far away and not the dramatic photos I was hoping for. Still, I breathed in the sights and the sand in awe. There are 2 main sand dunes - one red and one white. The white were more beautiful I thought, but I did partake in some sand - sledding whilst at the reds - great fun!

Off to Hoi An.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb