Mui Ne (again)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
February 14th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vietnam

There ain't much detail on Google Maps for this part of the world

South China SeaSouth China SeaSouth China Sea

A trio of Vietnamese women on the cliffs at Mui Ne.
There we were back in Mui Ne again, after another open bus journey but this time with the Sinh cafe, a much better company than the last lot.

Mui Ne was still as nice as it was before. This time staying at a different resort for four quid a night for a double room on the beach. In all the excitement Claire accidently kicked a broken tile and cut open the top of her foot, a quick trip to the local hospital and three stitches later she was all mended again. And now she can say she was wounded in action in Vietnam, and has a small scar to prove it. The hospital was also a story in itself, however, everything was merticulously cleaned but just a bit basic. Four decades of wars means that the medical facilities can handle a few stitches.

After all this excitement we hit the Saigon beers and had a quiet night at the resort.

The next day we hired three motorbikes and al six of us went on a bit of a jolly. I had never ridden one before but got the hang of it eventually with Claire shouting instuctions in my
Local FishermanLocal FishermanLocal Fisherman

Net fishing early in the morning
ear, all was well. You don't need a driving license, insurance or a helmet out here and fuel tends to be sold at the side of the road in wine bottles with a rag in the top . . . . hmmm very interesting.

Thankfully the roads here are nowhere like thay are in HCMC and driving around was a real pleasure. We stopped off at the fishing village down the road where Warren entertained the local kids with his juggling skills and then we stopped off at the giant sandunes further North.

As you arrive at the sandunes you get mobbed by kids trying to let you sledge down the dunes on a thin piece of plastic. We passed on this activity already having enought injuries between us and went further along the coast to long beach. My Dad's motorbike took this as a good location to break down and just when we thought , oh no, what are we gonna do, some of the locals who lived in a nearby shack offered to help and took it apart, fixing it in about half an hour, phew.

We then headed back before anything else went wrong.
SunriseSunriseSunrise

Fishermen on the beach at sunrise
Later that afternoon my Dad, Warren and I took the bikes out for another drive and found some amazing coastal scenery just North of Mui Ne, amazing.

That night we had a few more Saigons and got motorcycle taxis down the road to the worst Bia Hoi in Vietnam (we think). Of course we did not know that before we set off but it really was grim. Think really dirty garage with one 40 watt lightbulb, smell included. We didn't stay long instead hopping over the road to a local Pho (beef noodle soup) house where we all ate Pho and drank Saigon beer for about 5 quid between us.

The next day we opted for a trip to the nearby larger town of Phan Thiet. Ordering what we thought would be a 6 seater taxi, an old army jeep turned up. We went on a quick tour to the town and checked out the markets, the place was heaving because Tet festival starts on the 17th. Phan Thiet is a proper locals place, very few tourists make it here , there were some views of the fishing fleet on the river as you drive in.

The
SunsetSunsetSunset

Another sunset picture!
rest of our time in Mui Ne was spent on R and R. All in all an excellent three days in Mui Ne. Would really recommend the hotel we stayed at too, it was called the Bao Tran. Off to Nha Trang tomorrow then onto Hoi An.

Sorry about the spelling, no spell check.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

JeepJeep
Jeep

Our transport to Phan Thiet
TwilightTwilight
Twilight

the beach post sunset
Quick FitQuick Fit
Quick Fit

The "garage" where my Dad got his bike fixed.
Mui Ne GeneralMui Ne General
Mui Ne General

Local Hospital where got her war wounds treated. Bit more basic than Furness General.
Long BeachLong Beach
Long Beach

North of Mui Ne and still on the south china sea, this photo is a bit kind as you can't see all the litter washed off the boats onto the shore.
Childrens EntertainerChildrens Entertainer
Childrens Entertainer

Warren juggles and entertains all the local kids at the fishing village.
Mui Ne VillageMui Ne Village
Mui Ne Village

Boats for the fishing village at Mui Ne
EveningEvening
Evening

The beach (again) after sunset (again)


23rd February 2007

pics
funny pictures

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb