Day 41 - The bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hai Phong
September 5th 2011
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we got up and got ready, how we managed not to have a heart attack with the roaches I don’t know, the only saving grace was that they were small not the big monsters you see on the streets. So anyway we had breakfast and then we had some free time while we sailed to meet another boat that we had to stop to that was to bring us to Cat Ba island.
We arrived at Cat Ba at about 10am then we had a 12km cycle around the island, which had the steepest hills. We had to get off the bikes going up so as not to break the chains and going down so as not to lose control and crash. Halfway into our cycle G got a puncture (and apparently it was my fault for making her stop to take a photo!) but we were way behind the group (taking too many photos :/ ) so Debbie had to catch up with Tony who then swapped bike with G and then ran the 10 mins back to the group, which must have been tough cause it was like 32 degrees!
Any way back to boat after more photos and the cycle back then we sailed to the island where we would be spending the night in a beach bungalow and had lunch. The island was paradise there were only about 12 bungalows on the island and about 10 people there were also kayaks for us to use as we pleased. It was just bliss, I can’t describe how amazing it was.
We just spent the night kayaking from karst to karst sitting on the little beaches. When the sun set there was a dinner on the beach and we just stayed up chatting and looking at the starts all night.

One of the best days of the trip so far 😊

Rx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb