To the Stretches of Sapa


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Took the overnight train to Lao Cai station after booking a package tour for 2 days in Hanoi. If you forget to get off or miss this station you will end up in China. Its a border town.

The bus ride to Sapa is about one hour and we were driving through fog and mist. Unfortunately it didnt clear as the clock moved forward. A noisy group of Black Hmong people didnt miss a beat as we alighted from the bus to walk the few steps to our hotel. They made it seem like a half-day trek busilly introducing themselves to us and asking where we are all from and our names.

Trekked for about two hours into a valley to Cat Cat village which requires you to purchase an entry ticket... I'm not entirely sure why; it wasn't exactly what I would describe as a theme park in any way no matter how twisted.

Accompanying us along the road was a group of Hmong people. They are very nice people, bold, cheeky and speak english to me better than what I spoke to them. (Hey I not communicate like this at all time. Not same same; different.) And they are clever sales people too.

Greeting us was the roar of a waterfall and some local music blaring from a sorry sounding loud speaker.

A few happy snaps later we were off to the park exit, where motor bikes enthusiastically offered a life to the hotel. Awesome fun I wish it was further away.

Back at the hotel was the same group of hmong. Yeah and I see Bam there waiting for me to come and buy from her... this is going to be a lot of fun...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb