The best ways to visit Sapa


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
November 9th 2018
Published: November 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sapa is always the ideal destination in Vietnam for those who are interested in exploring. If you’re planning your trip in this beautiful land, let’s follow our guide to know the easiest ways to get there.

What do you know about Sapa?




Sapa is a tourist destination in Vietnam. It is more than 30 km from the center of Lao Cai. It is situated at an average altitude of 1500 - 1800 meters above the sea level, Sapa town is always covered in a white breezy cloud that creates an exotic and beautiful landscape. The weather is very cool and fresh. Traveling to Sapa, you not only enjoy the fresh air but also witness many charming views, Sapa is also the destination for you to admire the wild beauty of terraced fields, waterfalls, and explore the customs and cultural beauty of the ethnic minorities such as H'Mong, Red Dzao, Tay, Dzay.

How to get to Sapa from Hanoi?




How to get to sapa from hanoi - There are some options for you to go to Sapa from Hanoi. We recommend you to take a night train at Hanoi train station. It takes 10 hours to come to Lao Cai. Then you have to catch a bus to get to Sapa. If you book hanoi tour saps in the travel agencies, the company will take a car to pick you up. Because the train runs quite slow, it is quite time-consuming for those who have a short time lingering in Vietnam.



The quickest way to get to Sapa from Hanoi is catching a bus. You can travel from Hanoi to Sapa by bus via the new highway. It takes only 6 hours. Departuring in the early morning and arriving Sapa at noon. Many travelers satisfy with this new transport way. It saves time and is very convenient. The buses are very comfortable with reclining seats and seat belts. There are 2 stops along the road where tourists can go to buy food and drinks or go to the toilet. More surprisingly, each bus has a speaking English attendant, it is so good to solve your wonders.







Hanoi-Sapa train

How to get to Sapa from Ninh Binh




Traveling directly from Ninh Binh to Sapa is a good option but it is quite expensive. You only can catch a taxi or a private car that don't have stable routes. So we recommend that you should try the great experience of the train from Hanoi to Sapa, it is also a very convenient option and much safer than the bus. Firstly, you have to take a bus from Ninh Binh to Hanoi. After arriving at Hanoi train station, you go to book a train ticket to Lao Cai.

We highly recommend to take an afternoon train to Hanoi and then jump in the sleeper train to Lao Cai. When the sun rises, it is time you come to Lao Cai. From Lao Cai railway station you can take a van or public bus to Sapa.

How to get to Sapa from Halong




The answer is depending on your time and budget.

If you have much time, you can wait for the local bus from Halong city to Hanoi. The departure time is around 1 p.m. That is often the tourist buses operated by local travel companies. The bus ticket is from $10 to $18 for one person. They will drop you in the central of Hanoi or hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter. Then it is very easy to take a night train to Lao Cai or catch a bus which runs on the highway.

If you do not have much time and travel in a budget, there is a bus route from Halong to Sapa but you have to book in advance.

How to get to Sapa from Mai Chau




Sapa is about 223 km from Mai Chau but in the reality, the road distance is over 380 km. It is quite far and rough. It takes over 8 hours to get to Mai Chau from Sapa including transferring time because there is no direct bus from Sapa to Mai Chau. However, it is a recommendation that you can book via Hanoi - Sinh Tourist Office to go to Mai Chau from Sapa.

If you know how to drive the motorbike, you also can try to drive to Sapa from Mai Chau. It is the quickest way to get to Sapa because it only takes 5 hours.

What it has in Sapa?




After a long trip to Sapa, you surely expect so much to its beauty. And as a polite way to respond the tourist’s desire, Sapa feasts you by extremely beautiful landscapes that you definitely cannot disappoint. If you book Sapa trekking tour from Hanoi, here spending time for going trekking allows you to admire the wonderful landscapes from deep valleys and pristine mountains to green forests and magnificent golden rice terraced fields. Furthermore, a trip to Sapa is also enough to learn so much about the real locals’ daily lives, and immerse with a lot of the fantastic cultural festivals.







Sapa landscape




There are so many sapa - hanoi tour that you can freely choose to have the most wonderful experience in Sapa. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. Best trip for you!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb