How long to Ha Long?


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
December 31st 2013
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we left Boss and picked up another couple.

Typical stop on way at giant tourist shop with silk and lacquer ware and giant stone turtles.

On arrival to Halong Bay 3hrs later we were ushered to the Glory Cruise waiting area and offered tea whilst we waited for our fellow cruisers. A tender took us out to our junk. Really lovely timber interior with lots of velvety accessories.

Once everyone was on board we cruised through the bay with the massive limestone rocks passing by as we had lunch. We stopped at a fishing village and kayakked around. A fellow traveller lost his iphone from his pocket as he got out of the canoe so our return to the boat was delayed a little as one of the local guys tried diving for it.

Back on board we made spring rolls (well Tasha did). Then we watched the sun set from the roof top bar where everyone shared the spring rolls, some wine and other nibbles. There were many new years beverages enjoyed, much dancing - including an impressive Gangnam Style from Moon (our favourite guide) and some serious moves from our captain and crew.

What an awesome way to welcome 2014!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb