Halong Bay Day 2


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
November 9th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our guide tried waking us for sunset but was told to bugger off nicely(i think but cant remember). During breakfast one of the Austrian women came over and said that the girl working in the bar was responsible for the drink and during the night someone stole a bottle of wine from the boat. So the bar girl would have to pay the 32 dollars to replace the bottle. So the Austrians were asking everyone on the boat to contribute 2 dollars each to pay for the wine. Couldn't belive how much of a sucker they were being. Told them to tell her to do her job in future(although the bar girl was making it up anyway, prob a daily money maker!!). Think they may have had accusing eyes on the Irish drunkers who didnt go to bed til crazy hour of midnight!!!

So after that bull we went for a swim. Got to jump off the top of the boat which was cool but one of the Austrians was jumping in head first. I didnt as i could smell a belly flop coming on. It was the strangest place ever to be offered food aswell. After lunch we headed back to Hanoi for our last few days before hitting Laos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb