Hung a Duc


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
October 20th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Us!Us!Us!

On the boat in Ha Long Bay
Hey everyone...

On Sunday we took a boat trip to Ha Long Bay, which consists of thouands of limestone islands jutting out of the emerald sea!! (Or so the rough guide says!)

Well, Hung drove us there in his minibus with Duc as our tour guide and in our group were two Germans, two French and a lovely Malaysian family. We stayed overnight on the boat and ate lots of lovely seafood.

On the first day we dropped anchor at a floating village and then went kayaking around the islands for absolutely ages so we were pretty knackered by the end of it and Paul was making regular 'Paul' comments along the lines of "this guys a joke"! (Even though I was doing most of the work!!) The next day we went to see "Amazing Cave" which was very pretty and Paul had fun spotting rude things made out of the rock shapes!

We got back to Hanoi in the afternoon and in the evening we went to a Bia Hoi place at the end of our street where they serve fresh beer for about 7p each! It was all fine until one of the young lads
Rude!!Rude!!Rude!!

Yes we are immature, but it does look like a big red phallace!
that worked there sat down next to Paul, stroked his arm and asked if he'd like more beer (I wasn't offered any), and then pretended to be interested in his watch so that he could keep touching him! Paul politely declined all offers but didn't believe me that the guy was obviously coming on to him! When we left, the guy grabbed Paul's t-shirt and suggested Paul had very big pecs and biceps by gesturing and touching him, and didn't want to let him go. After this Paul believed me but got extremely defensive every time I mentioned it (which I did rather a lot), .. and we weren't allowed to walk past there ever again!!!

The next day we got the night train to Hue and we'll tell you about that interesting experience in the next blog! Also, we haven't managed to find anywhere that we can put photos on yet but we will as soon as we can.

We're both fine (Paul may have Bilharzia but we're not too worried about that at the moment!!), and still enjoying Vietnam even though we're pretty worn out.


Hope you are all well,

lots of love,
Louise and Paul xxxxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Paul at the Very Dirty Bia HoiPaul at the Very Dirty Bia Hoi
Paul at the Very Dirty Bia Hoi

His boyfriend is just out of shot!


21st October 2007

coming out of the closet!
Oooh Paul, you must put a picture of your boyfriend up as soon as you can. Glynn is currently wetting himself about the 'big bicep' comment!!
21st October 2007

Paul
Erm...should we be worried about Paul?! xxx
21st October 2007

Bilharzia
Well Paul shouldnt have been swimming in infested tropical waters! I'm sure we would all like to know if he's got 'swimmers itch'??!!! Have fun x
21st October 2007

Hey ladies, good to hear from you again, your blogs are very entertaining!! I always thought Paul swung both ways, all those cardigans and pink t-shirts.... ;) Have fun and write again soon, lots and lots of love from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb