Come Back Again To Ha Giang The 3rd Time


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Ha Giang
April 21st 2018
Published: April 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

I must say that I was very lucky with weather on that trip to Ha getting out of the overnight bus, it was so heavily raining that I thought of changing our original program, then the rain stopped completely at 6h00 a.m.I recontacted Ms Giang- a local motorbike renter to get a motorcylce rent and started our adventure on two to the lastnight's rain, roads were still wet, sleepery & dangerous with some recent landslides still availabe along the 10km on flat road from Ha Giang city, I drove up & up on winding & curving passes to reach Quan Ba, Yen Minh , Dong Van & Meo Vac districts ( 160km far from Ha Giang township).This is one of the most scary route with zigzag paths I have never experienced in my life but it gave me the sense of courage & conquering.I could overcome myself with constant fear of landslides, flat tyre, dangerous passes; and conquer many challenging passes to be named as Quan Ba, Ma Pi Leng - 2 out of 4 imposing passes in Vietnam to carry out my planned itinerary ! They also offer tours to Dong Van - Meo Vac, Hoang Su Phi, Xin Man, Quan Ba, minority villages, local markets, caves, waterfalls by car or motorbikes, trekking to tea village with local people, give free travelling advice if you'd like to do the trip by yourself, free drinking tea. Jungleman Ha Giang Tour" is a local people organization who offer as Motorbike tours, Car tours, trekking tours to unexplored countryside in Ha Giang such as Dong Van international park, Tam Son Village, and Yen Minh town. I am not a very experienced driver, so I'm thinking about getting to Dong Van by (mini)buses from Hanoi and then rent a motorbike there to do Ma Pi Leng Pass to Meo Vac and back to Dong Van in one day.



Visiting Dong Van on Sundays, we go shopping in a very original mountain market where all kinds of goods and multicoloured clothes were purchased; so try traditional local foods such as corn wine, Thang Co hot pot, Men Men dish beside a big fire with Tay, H'mong ethnic in Meo Vac. When the urge for adventure hits, embark on a 3-day motorbike tour on the Dong Van to Meo Vac loop around North Vietnam along the Chinese Border. We are travelling to HCM - Hoi an - Hue - Ninh Binh - Bai tu long bay/quan Lan - Hanoi - Ha Giang province (Yen minh, dong van, meo vac, hoang su phi) and after that we will have to choose between a few days in Bac Ha or a few days in the Mekong delta before heading back to HCM ? I think we will let it depend on the weather.



Owner description: Jungleman Ha Giang Tour" is a local people organization who offer as Motorbike tours, Car tours, trekking tours to unexplored countryside in Ha Giang such as Dong Van international park, Tam Son Village, and Yen Minh town. Home Thorn Tree Country forums South-East Asia Mainland Vietnam Ha Giang - Dong Van - Meo vac : what kind of motorbike and how are the roads? Visit local market, experience daily life, enjoy water puppet show, explore Hanoi with Cyclo Ride will bring travelers wonderful moments and experience for their Vietnam tours in 12 days.



There are many local markets in Yen Minh, Quan Ba, Dong Van, Luong Cu & Meo Vac which are organized on certain day of the week, notably Dong Van & Meo Vac markets ( on Sunday), Khau Vai love market (just on 27th March- a day in the year for lovers), Ma Le market ( Saturday) Lung Cu market…..To attend this special cultural event, your trip to Ha Gang highland should be well planned for your unique travel experiences. For more interesting experiences of local cultures in your trip to Ha Giang,you should spend time visiting colorful weekly markets which take place in a certain day of the colorful & authentic with these cultural events in the region where you can meet people from different hill tribes characterized by their unique dresses coming to the markets to exchange products, to drink & to meet eachother!Local ethnics prepare their produce during the week and trade them in market put on their colorful tradditional dress and happily head to the their colorful dresses, we can tell which hill tribes they are from. This time I'm thinking of taking two days to get from Ha Giang, over Dong Van to Meo Vac and then heading on from there to Bao Lac, and then onto Cao Bang and the Ban Gioc waterfalls.



Do you think it is possible to rent a motorbike or even a car with driver in Bao Lac to ride/drive through Meo Vac, Dong Van, Yen Minh, Tam Son and then stop in Ha Giang? If two days, you could stay in Dong Van town the first night and then continue to Meo Vac and complete the loop back to Ha Giang on that day (make sure you get an early start on both days). I did the following trip on 6 days including one day in Dong Vac region to explore the area: Lao Cai / Xi Men / Ha Giang / Dong Van / Meo Vac / Ha Giang / Bac Ha / Lao Cai).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb