A little Hoi An pampering


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast
January 9th 2013
Published: January 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hoi An old townHoi An old townHoi An old town

These building are all world heritage so they keep the lovely Hoi An charm
We wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed today ......and the rain is throwing it down : (

Still we head for a run and walk to breakfast at the sister hotel.

Wahoo we finally have something other than eggs and baguettes for breakfast, since we've been in Vietnam its seems to be the French influence with the big baguettes accompanied by either omelettes or pancakes. So a massive fruit selection definitely puts a smile on our faces.

Not really sure what to do with ourselves today Richard talks me into having a little pampering time. We head to a recommended Spa called NQ, about a 30 minute walk out of town. One thing that makes me chuckle, not just about Vietnam but in Cambodia and Thailand swell, when one business starts up and appears to be doing well, they all jump on the band wagon, so walking down the street there's places called NA, NS, NT and so on.....

When we do make it to NQ we are greeted by a lovely lady in the traditional Vietnamese dress (traditional dress consists of a 3/4 length silk tunic with splits up the side to their waist and then lovely silk trousers underneath) and a nice pot of fragrant tea. After deciding on our treatments we have our feet washed in lemon grass and ginger bath, talk about being treated!

We both taken up to the treatment rooms, I'm asked to strip they have no quarks about privacy here, in was given a pair of cotton knickers and expected to change whilst she was there.....

Anyway I manage to discreetly slide onto the bed and await my back scrub, I've never had anything like this before, felt just like I was rubbing sand into my back extreme exfoliation, but it obviously does some good?? So fully rubbed down and moisturised (after a couple of showers) my back feels revitalised! Next is the facial, we this is pampering at its best 50 minutes of it. When I head back down stairs Richard says my face is glowing. He's had a full body massage.

We manage to blag a lift back to the hotel swell couldn't face the 30 minute walk back especially when your relaxed.

When we get back we are famished and head out for at a place called Hai cafe, yummy yummy yummy!

The rest of the day is spent deciding our next port of call....

The best Indian curry I had tonight at a recommended restaurant by Georg and Marie, Ganesha....fish and mango curry, going tin have to try and make this one when we get home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb