Hue - Banana shots, tanks and running around the pool table with your pants down!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
August 15th 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hue

The next stop on the itinerary was Hue...

Hue was unified Vietnam's capital from 1802 to 1945, during the rule of the emperors of the Nguyen Dynasty. Most of the Imperial city was destroyed during the fighting which followed the Tet offensive in 1968

The walled city also contained the previous home of Ho chi Min, which we had a wander around in, they love him here. The tour was made more entertaining by my rickshaw driver and his bizarre comments... I'm sure he was the Vietnamese version of Captain Jack Sparrow. Far to much rum, he was completely nuts.

The highlight of the Citadel tour for me was the captured USA tanks, heavy Artillery and armoured cars. With no visible security guards around (unusual for Vietnam) we decided to climb into the tanks and get a few cheeky pics!

That evening we went out to a few bars and a few games a pool. After I gave Alan a seven ball whopping. Much to bemusement of those watching in true Brit style Alan dropped his pants and ran around the table. I've never seen him move so fast!! Later on we bumped into jack sparrow who forced us to drinks some vodka banana shots! Wandering if this was the source of his craziness we only had a few!

Annoyingly we both had some of our laundry drastically changed, from white to cream and from black to a brown/orange colour... if you get your laundry done here make sure they don't use bleach!!

Next stop Hanoi





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



2nd September 2006

Whats going on? We wonna see more pics of the ladies!!!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb