Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
February 5th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

So, we spent a few days in Hanoi and to be honest didn't do a great deal, because of TET everything was closed and also the weather was not that great so we wandered around the City and embraced the culture. On Wednesday we spent the day at Halong Bay which was really nice, the sun came out and we really got to see the Bay very well. However, we had a rather funny experience in a cave that the tour guide took us too, it was rather to tell what was real and what was fake within this cave! But we were sure that the water fountain in the middle of the cave and the multi-coloured lighting was most definitely natural! The tour guide was rather amusing, bless him, everytime he tried to say 'excuse me' it sounded like 'kiss me' and for the whole day we just could not stop giggling whenever he said it! Very immature we know, but it was very funny!

We booked the overnight train to Hue for Thursday night and I think it's safe to say it was not as luxurious as the train we got in Thailand! Anastasia saw a cockroach and memories of Cairns came flooding back! In all honesty we have been very irritated by TET as nothing is open which means we just have to find places to eat most of the time. However, once we get to Hoi An shops etc should start opening up again as the TET holiday comes to a close! Thank goodness!

We went to the citadel in Hue today and for the first time we actually began to understand the Country a little more. It was the second site-seeing thing we had done and we enjoyed it very much.

In one word Vietnam is: Random. There doesn't seem to be much structure here and we are missing our chain shops! The only chain shop we have seen is KFC and apart from that there aren't any! There are just shops on the side of the road.

We shall keep you updated on how we get on in Hoi An! We think we have found a way around fb

Lot's of Love,
Roseanna and Anastasia
xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



7th February 2011

Chain Stores... You can't be serious !!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb