Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
April 10th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all, I'm leaving Hue today so I'm posting some pictures for you guys. Hue has been awesome - too short a stay, as usual, but really good time while I've been here. Yesterday we hired a boat for a ride down the "perfume" river and a look at some of the sights along the river - most of the pictures are from the boat. The actual boat ride was nice, but I'm getting pretty sick of looking at old tombs and temples, etc, so we only stopped at a few places and just enjoyed the river ride for the rest of the day. The Citadel was definitely the highlight of the day - they let you (or don't stop you when you do) climb inside American tanks. I've never been inside a tank, so that was pretty cool.

We booked a sleeper cabin on the overnight train to Hanoi tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that. Can't wait for Hanoi.

Talk to you soon! Brad


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

TankTank
Tank

Not a great picture, but I'm in there!
Thich Quang DucThich Quang Duc
Thich Quang Duc

This is a cool story. To protest against government discrimination of Buddhists, a monk (Thich Quang Duc) went to the intersection of Phan dinh Phungt and Le van Duyet streets in Saigon June 11, 1963 and lit himself on fire. The car that he drove that day is parked in the corner of one of the monasteries that we stopped at - along with a couple pictures of him actually burning.
CycloCyclo
Cyclo

Jim practicing for a career as cyclo driver...


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb