Hello Moto


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
March 2nd 2010
Published: March 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, it's been a wonderful trip already but it seems to just get better as the days fly by! We arrived into Hue from Hoi An, taking the very scenic coastal drive which was breathtaking. Hue city itself is nothing that different from any Asian other city, but the country side and surrounds are what you imagine old Vietnam to look like...rolling hills, intricatly designed pagoda's, road side food markets, greener than green rice paddocks and moto's, moto's, moto's everywhere!

As this is the low season for tourism in Vietnam, many of the Intrepid travel groups have quite small numbers, so we have been joining other groups for certain activities and optional day tours. On our first night in Hue we dined at the Royal Banquet Dinner where your's truely was crowned Queen for the evening. Upon arrival we were taken to the dressing rooms where we were dressed as the character we were playing, whether it be King or Queen or concubine or servant. We feasted on what old time Royal's would have enjoyed and were entertained by the many musicians, singers and other performers. It was a great night!

The following day we took in a day motorbike tour of Hue city and the surrounds. Being on the back of a bike was the most amazing way to explore this beautiful part of the country. We winded through laneways, narrow dirt roads and up and down the rolling green countryside. We visited many families along the way who showed us the in's and out's of their families trade, from making straw hats, incence and harvesting rice.

Lunch took us to a Nunnery where we were cooked a delicious vegetarian meal, but the most exciting part of the day was visiting the orphanage attached to the Nunnery and spending the afternoon playing with the kids. The kids were beautiful and so very excited to see us. I was expecting to be quite saddened by the experience but maybe because the kids were having so much fun, it took some of that away. It's amazing what a hug can do and the difference it can make to a child's day.

I have had a wonderful time in Hue, but it's now off to Hanoi for the final few days of my adventure. I can't believe it's almost over but I still have Hanoi & beautiful Halong Bay to look forward to.

Love & Hugs xx






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb