Way, Hue, Way Awesome!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, after our flight being delayed by an hour out of Ho Chi Minh, we finally arrived in Hue, and immediately thought we should've planned for some more time here! It is beautiful! We are staying at La Residence Hotel & Spa, and we highly recommend it to anyone who may be coming this way! It has a beautiful view of the river, a great spa, a great pool, a great restaurant, great service, and all for a great price!

Chance and I went into town to book our tour for the DMZ and Khe Sahn for tomorrow and then returned to the hotel to take a refreshing dip in the pool. We walked over to the spa and were receiving massages (and a mud body wrap for me) within ten minutes. It is a nice break from the dirt and grime of the big city of Saigon. We only wish that we were staying longer...we leave tomorrow, but are looking forward to some more relaxing time in Sapa.

After our spa treatments, we changed and went to dinner where we had some delicious food. They use quite a bit of pumpkin here too, and I had a roasted pumpkin salad to begin, with feta cheese and pine nuts tossed into the mix. I then had chicken stuffed with mango with a yogurt curry sauce and veggie polenta. Delicious! Chance's dessert was amazing, a cooked to order raspberry and pear crumble.

Advertisement



25th July 2009

wow...
I had no idea that Viet Nam was such a resort..!!!... you two are soooo blessed... I love it... Ü

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb