Hué


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
April 24th 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

30 degrees, blue skies, hot sun, sick Vinny! Despite feeling miserable, he hasn't let the side down and we've been enjoying the delights of Hué. On our first day here we went to visit the Citadel and learned about life in the Emperor's court centuries ago. Hué suffered a lot of damage during wartime evident in the many bullet holes in the walls of the citadel. On our second and final day here, we went to visit a small village on the outskirts where a very spritely old woman took great pleasure in showing us the tools and machinery used to harvest rice and to process it into flour. In the same village we met the local fortune teller - all good news! Vinny and I are destined to be together forever although Vinny's feeling of nausea increased dramatically when she predicted 5 children!! The look on his face meant she quickly amended it to three. We saw how the villagers make incense sticks and the conical hats Hué is famous for - when the hat is held up to the light you see silhouettes of pictures woven into the hat. A trip down the Perfume River and a visit to a Pagoda concluded a great time in Hué.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb