Wet Wet Wet


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
January 23rd 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys and girls,
First id like to thankyou all for the comments, Its nice to know you all have faith in my reading, writing and cooking skills- its almost sounds like im some kind of ape like manbeast!
Yes i can spell - i just cant type alright!
Yes i do read the occasional book, i just choose not too
and No there was no tomato sauce or burnt bits, im a much better cook now (although that wasnt really hard i guess!)
As for the pool Andy i still havent forgot the 9-1 drubbing i gave you at 605 last year allbeit rare.

We have arrived in Hue which was once the capital of Vietnaam and is home to many tombs of emperors and also the perfume river which passes through it (not worked out how it got its name but it isnt because of how it smells).
Ive learnt a lot of interesting facts about emperors even of late they have atleast 300 -600 wives and a similar amount of children - apparently that means 6 women in one night and they all lived together!
This offcoarse is nothing compared to the chinese emperors which is apparently more like 6000 wives - now thats impressive!
The tomb we visited (Tu Duc's tomb) had a huge moat surrounding it with a seperate island. Here the emperor had tigers and other wild animals living. The building itself was impressive to view taking years to build. Tu duc was not much over a metre tall and was one of the only emperers who couldnt have children. Apparently he only laughed once in his lifetime and lead a serious life - i still dont feel sorry for him!
The rain has come in a big way and we all had to invest in Raincoats of various shapes and colours, some more effective than others. apparently in spring it rains almost constantly for a couple of months- wooopey!

Dark skies. damp,cold and quite frankly a bit boring as the hotels not up to much and theres not a lot to keep the mind occupied, tonight we go for a meal so maybe itll improve? Im probably just looking forward to getting home now and seeing everyone - its been a while and the closer it gets the slower it seems!
By the way my phone isnt sending text messages - just says check operator services - it was working in the same place so any ideas are welcome (no smart remarks).

Well the meal was fun - We all had to dress up in traditional royal outfits and the australian couple on the tour Rachel and Garn were the king and queen - music and singing was played throughout the meal and thankfully none of it from me.

Today we head to Hanoi which at present is ten degrees colder. There we partake in a Kareoke night hmmmmmmmmmmmm. We catch the overnight train at 4pm and arrive in Hanoi at 5am so may be a bit tired. Had planned to post a lot of stuff home but apparently this is very expensive so have had to invest in a huge suitcase - like the one Rob had when he arrived in NZ. This lets say isnt the easiest to carry around and isnt discrete in the slightest - i may aswell have tourist tatooed on my forehead!

Bye for now

Hope the decoratings going well newly weds and team W!







Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd January 2006

Very Spooky
Alright Dave, good to keep reading what a great time you're having. Particulary spooky opening this blog though, as Marti Pellow and co. started singing on radio 1 just as I opened it. "Caught up in a wishing well..." come on join.
24th January 2006

Hey atleast its better than the vietnamese version of dancing queen which is playing right now - thats spooky!
30th January 2006

WEll it makes a change from cross dressing anyway!

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb