Hue and Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
December 1st 2008
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wedding Wedding Wedding

This wedding couple are having there photo taken infront of the Japanese covered bridge (built in 1593)
Hue and Hoi An

What a horrible experience a night bus in Vietnam is! It is not that the chairs are to short or that the bus is incredibly cold that keeps you awake all night. Its the fact that Swiss cheese has less potholes than the average Vietnamese highway (I use the word Highway in the loose sense of the word), combined with the crazy driving skills of our bus driver and everyone else on the road. Its hard to sleep when you get thrown off your seat every ten minutes!
So after 13 hours of this we arrived in Hue to a downpour. And did it rain! We were stuck in our hotel room for the first whole day of our stay there, which was not actually that bad as we had had no sleep anyway.
The main site of Hue is the citadel which we spent a whole day walking around.

Hoi An

Hoi An had the amazing ability to make you imagine what visitng Asia would have been like in the past. The historic area is a UNESCO world heritage site and was very unique and enchanting.
Hoi An's other charm is its tailors. They will make you whatever you want for a very good price, especially suits. We left Hoi An with 2 new suits for Peter and a few more dresses for Triona.
Unfortuately the majority of out time in Hoi An was not enjoyable as Pete got very sick (we believe it was Giardia) and was bed ridden for 4 days. The place that we were staying was horrible and we were stuck. So by the time we could leave Hoi An we were glad to see the back of it. This is unfortunate as it was a very cute town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb