A day in Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
June 23rd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we arrived in Hue at 8:00am after taking a sleeping bus for 13 hours. Shosh was not too excited about this because we were packed like sardines into these tiny beds (as if a greyhound bus chairs extended into beds) It was a zillion degrees and people in Vietnam do not know much about personal space and personal noise so everyone was blasting their own private music outloud. After an hour on the bus the trip turned for the worse as we took a break and the bus broke down...

Hue was the old imperial capital of vietnam. We found a great guesthouse with a swimming pool for $10 per night and it is glorious. We took an afternoon motorbike tour of many of the highlights of the city. We went to two pagodas and saw monks praying, went to an american bunker above the perfume river, and visited the tomb of an emperor. All the transportation was on back roads through tiny villages and rice fields. Riding the motos was almost as fun as the rest of the tour. We were surprised how easy it was to balance on the back of the bikes! Off to Hoi An tomorrow where Shosh may get some silk tailoring done...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



23rd June 2008

best blog
This Blog is amazing. Shosh, you look adorable on the scooter!! Miss you!
24th June 2008

Wow!
Totally loving your photos and comments. Enjoy every moment!

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb