Hue by Aishling


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
April 12th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so this will be a pretty short entry! We hadn't planned on stopping in HUe really, the bus stopped there and then we'd to book onto the next bus to Hoi An but unfortunately that days bus was booked so we had to stay a night there. Im glad tho because when we arrived we were very tired from the nightbus. We had made the budget-wise decision not to get sleeper buses since we'd probably sleep fine on seats and lived to regret it....we all tried to sleep across 2 seats (thank god we were lucky enough to get 2each) and by the time we got to Hue we were exhausted and cranky. The touts who met us off the bus were lucky not to get a whallop in the face of the lonely planet from me. After finding out we couldn't leave that day we booked ourselves into a hotel and got some sleep. We woke at lunchtime much refreshed and set off to discover the place. We did a small walking tour and then got a cyclo to go see some historical stuff. Hue was originally the capital of vietnam so was quite interesting. We also got to go see an american bunker from during the war, we went inside and all, it was quite chilling seeing the holes they used for shooting out of and where they rested the guns etc. After seeing a pagoda and other monuments we headed back for dinner and then the hotel. The following morning we didn't do much, just passed the time until our bus to Hoi An.

Link for photos!



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb