Motorcycle diaries


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
November 11th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Determined to not let the rain get the better of us we arranged a sightseeing tour on the back of a couple of motorbikes.
We started the day at 8am and we were disappointed to see it was still raining. We were armed with ponchos and hard hats and off we went. First stop was an acient bridge built in 17th century. Travelling through back street it was really interesting to see real Vietnamese as their day to day business. As we progress we soon realised we could not make it to the bridge as the perfume river had busrt its banks and Ryan had got off to push is bike through knee high waters twice already. I was finding this funny as my feet were still bone dry at this point.
We continued on to a pergoda and then headed to the mountains to visit a real Buddist Monastry. From there we went to Hamburger Hill (a vantage point used in the war) and a mausoleum.
By now it had really started to rain and when I say rain I mean RAIN. The streets turned to rivers and you could hardly see where you were going.
We were meant to see the Imperial city but it had flooded so sensibly we headed back to the hotel. By this time most of the city had become water logged and we had to wade the last bit back to the hotel. At this point nothing was dry!
We then packed our things, had a bite of lunch and headed to the train station for our overnight journey to Ha Noi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb