Delightful Dalat


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
December 15th 2008
Published: December 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

DalatDalatDalat

On the road from Mui Ne to Dalat.
Dalat is a delightful city. It was established in 1912 and has a very French-colonial feel. It's up in the mountains and is also known as the "City of Eternal Spring." It's warm during the day and cool at night. It feels more "Western" than any other city we've been to in Asia. As near as I can tell, Dalat is also home to true Vietnamese kitsch. I never realized how much the Vietnamese love their kitsch, but a trip to the Valley of Love will quash any doubts about that. It's basically a park filled with creepy things, including a "show room" of deformed animals. Also home to a replica of the Great Wall of China, Mickey and Minnie, random animal statues, fountains... too many things to name, so enjoy the pictures...

I don't have too many pictures of Dalat because I was always driving the motorbike. Check out Steph's blog at travelblog.org/bloggers/luda if you want to see pictures she took from the back of the moto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

DalatDalat
Dalat

Even houses in the middle of nowhere in Vietnam have satellite dishes. Seriously. EVERY house in Vietnam has at least an antenna.
DalatDalat
Dalat

Don't drop the baby!
DalatDalat
Dalat

FYI - this mouse is massive. At least six feet tall.
DalatDalat
Dalat

Did anyone ask the pine tree?
DalatDalat
Dalat

Looks like even Mickey and Minnie are feeling the effects of Agent Orange.
DalatDalat
Dalat

A three horned cow in the "show room."


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb