Thailand Oct 25 2013


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
October 25th 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Oct 25 2013
This was our first full day in Railay and got a little bit of a late start in the morning. We all headed out to grab some breakfast before Sam P. and I went out in search of the climbing guide book. The one that I had bought in the states was not the newest one published, so it was lacking a lot of routes. We were able to locate a guide book pretty easy and headed off to start climbing. We started on a wall called the 1 2 3 Wall located about a 10 minute walk from where we are staying. It is a fairly popular wall because of how easy the access is and the number of easier routes on the wall. We also found out shortly that this is where the guided groups are taken, since a number of the routes are great for beginners. Luckily that the guided group sizes are pretty small. So we scoped out a couple of easy routes to start with. The first one was a 5.8 and only about 15 meters high. It was a pretty easy route for me but the start was a little difficult because you had to get your feet up high just to get off the ground. Sam R. top roped that route as well as another one that I lead. After that, one of the guides that was out with a small group let us use his rope that was already set up for a too rope on another 5.8. The next route that I got on was a 5.10. The routes here are a little tough to tell apart while you are on the route. At one point on the route I almost starting moving onto another route that was quite a bit harder. After we finished climbing we went to the beach for a swim to get all the sweat and grim off. We then hit the "town" to find something for dinner. It is pretty easy to find food here but the hard part is finding something new and different from the last meal. All the restaurants here have pretty much all the same menu. We ended up going to a place that had "pizza" that we wanted to try. It was not very good, but we did have plenty of food, so that was nice. We each got a whole pizza a little bigger then the size of a dinner plate with two toppings each. It was not too bad, it was just not what we are used to.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb