Thailand - Buckets, Bars, Beaches and Lady Boys


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post


Arrived in Thailand from Mumbai - what a change..... Had a chilled out few days in Kata - Phuket, lazing on the beach for xmas! We were both really surprised at how expensive it was here, especially after just coming from India!!! We blew our month budget within the first two weeks - oopppsss!

Christmas was quite odd, although it did manage to rain which made it slightly more like home! Had a fantastic meal at Mom Tri's on xmas day, but was strange not being with the family 😞

We met Rox's Mum, John and sisters (except Pezza) on the 27th in a lovely villa where we chilled out for about 8 days! Not much travelling as such to report, just laying in the sun and swimming in the pool! We did go out on a boat trip for the day where we stopped at a really quiet little beach for some lunch - best pennang curry so far!!!!

For new year we wandered aimlessley for ages, thinking that no place was going to be busy or play music for a new year party!!! Although at about 2345, music started playing and people started emeging from the wood work - talk about leave it to the last minute! The firework display was pretty good, and extremely leathel, we were getting covered in firework dust as they were exploding right above our heads! one landed on a roof and some guys had to clamber up to put the bugger out! This was a funny night! Rox had a nice conversation with the toilet bowl when we got in which put Peter off his cookies - not so good!!!!!

Just before we departed to continue our little tour, Rox's youngest sister gave us all a scare by becoming extremely ill with viral pneumonia and had to spend the night in hospital! However, Oliva made a remarkable recovery overnight, and the next afternoon was back to her usual self and able to fly home!!!

From Phuket we caught a bus and ferry over to Kho Samui and stayed there for a few nights with Rebecca (Peter' sister) who we picked up at Phuket airport the evening before!!! We spent our days sunbathing and eating..... And Peter could eat without being ill.....whoop whoop!!! We went to see a lady boy show which was interesting. Peter got speaking to a guy in the bar who was telling him it is sometimes really hard to tell if they're male or really female - he was sitting, and snogging the most obvious ladyboy in the club!!! We also enjoyed our first bucket or two, and half a ton of pop corn!!! The beach in Kho Samui was very nice, clear water and white sand!!! We treated ourselves to some jet ski rides which were fun - even Rox enjoyed them, believe it or not she actually drove them, and made it to full speed on a few occassions!!! Peter and Rebecca fell off thanks to Peters over eager driving approach!!!

We then jumped on a ferry to Koh Pangan for the full moon party!!! Our second night hear and our hotel/ hostel/ bugalows or whatever they where were throwing a pool party - so we duley attended!!! Got rat arsed on buckets of whisky, sprite and redbull, jumped in the pool, splashed and pratted about till the early hours - about 4am.... Then we were up at 7am for the boat trip we had booked.... This was not fun, especially for Rox!!! We were all hung over, Rox puked and we all felt shite.... We visited Koh Tao which was lovely and chilled out for a while on the bach, snorkelled a bit and then had the journey back - this went without incident....

Our next big adventure was the full moon party - this was pretty cool, and messy! Peter managed to bump into some friends from back home - random, but made it fun as there was a fair size group of us now! Plenty of buckets drunk, lost flip flops, random flip flops, ice bags, dropped pizza, crap falafel, restaurant puke and neon paint.... Its all one big blur....

We're off to bed now as we are still recovering....



Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb