Pee Pee


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
March 8th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ko Phi Phi is a small archipelago in Krabi Province. The named islands are Ko Phi Phi Don, the largest and only populated island and Ko Phi Phi Leh (also known as Ko Phi Phi Lai), a smaller island to the south, popularised when parts of the movie "The Beach" were filmed there. Uninhabited apart from bird nest harvesters and a few Maya Bay wardens.

Whilst in Krabi we were told that a single day on Phi Phi would be enough as there is very little to see and do. We headed this advice and duly booked a single night at the tourist centre. Stupidly we decided not to wait 20 mins for the transport to take us to our guest house and we set foot with backpacks attached and the sun blazing down on us. Maybe it was the heat or maybe it was stupidity but we ended up misreading the map. We wlaked from one side of the island to pretty much the other. I believe the technical term is "feck". After gaining advice from a group of Man Utd supporting Egyptians who had actually heard of Wales, but not just that, could actually name one of our players. Sadly it was Giggs.

One of the highlights of our one night was Lucy and I lying naked on the bed, should have been safe as we were at the end of the walkway and nobody has any business coming down to this area. Well, it gets dark and the poor Thai boy that works for the guest house got a whole eyeful of bits and pieces. Oh how I laughed, Lucy screeched and the poor boy ran like a man possesed back downstairs to his work station.

Brutally hot and undergoing tremendous development after the mass destruction of land and lives due to the Tsunami the island is not what it once was. Overall, a solitary day here was satisfactory for us as we walked the entire island, sampled the beach and also the beach party. Next stop Phuket. Not popular with everyone and allegedly a haven for german men and young girls, and by all accounts there girls are too young. Everyone has different experiences and we will form our own opinions.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb