Crossing into Malaysia


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Trang
April 17th 2007
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were going to book an agent to take us from Trang directly to Langkawi but Chad and I thought it would be more exciting to make our own way to Langkawi.

The first step was getting a tuk-tuk to the bus station, next a local bus to Satun which got very busy but it was good to be amongst the locals. Check out the photo, can you see Sharon?? After a few uncomfortable hours we arrived in Satun and again haggled with a tuk tuk-driver to take us to the ferry terminal.

We got the 4pm ferry and arrived in Langkawi just before 7pm. Whilst waiting at the terminal we booked a room at the Gecko Guest House which was a great idea as when we finally checked in they were full and turning people away. We had managed to get the last room..... phew :-)

Unfortunately, it was probably their worst room as it was dirty, no mozzie nets and right opposite the noisy bar :-( It was better than sleeping on the beach (Becks, your travel sheet has recently been getting a lot of usage. Thank you sooo much. Great idea :-)).

We went looking for another place the next morning and decided on Landcons Hotel which was located at the other end of the beach. Chad wasn't happy with the tv though as it had no footie channels. (Colin, it's great to see Manly doing so well must be tough on you... he he)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb