Ranong - Worst Day Ever


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ranong
May 30th 2006
Published: June 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Delarmi and I had the worst day so far on our travels…..

We had to leave Thailand as our visa expired... now we planned to leave the day before, but the taxi didn’t pick us up... so we scheduled for the next day, cutting it fine with our visa.

Anywhoo anything that could have gone wrong did.... company messed us about, missed the main bus in the small shanty town, we paid way over the odds to get us to the border... WAY OVER... but as we had 2hrs to get out... we had no choice... so we thought! When we do finally get there we get drenched. The bloody sea flipped upside down and launched down on us. The random thing is that we were in a poxy tail boat... no roof or cover and all our possessions. We are in the middle of the sea and we are drowning, never in my life have I seen rain like it. Literally one second we were dry the next it was impossible to get any wetter!

So we are in the sea drowning and our passports, money, watch and phone is buggered. Delarmi is crying because is £3 fake watch isn’t working, never mind my laptop! He says it was the salt water in his eyes, not tears. Yea whatever.

So when we finally get to the immigration point, which is in the sea (random or what) and our passports just about withstand the stamp, but of course ink goes all over.

Anywhoo after this ordeal, the coastal guard come, I think they have come to make sure we are ok. But no… we are searched in the middle of the sea, they checked all our bags pockets and everything. As it’s in the middle of a downpour the guards were amused of course, watching all of our possessions getting soaked and ruined. We visioned and discussed some serious Jackie Chan moves, after all there only small.... But they all had guns so I decided to let them win this time!

Later we realised we had hit the back end of a huge storm which covered the north of Thailand. If this wasn’t enough, we are then taken for a ride by the company and they try to screw us over and say we have not paid. Of course me and Delarmi don’t stand for this... we finally get to the bus station after much hassles and the guy tries to drive off. Delarmi jumped into the car Starsky and Hutch style and refused to get out unless he gives us our money... he begins to drive with the door wide open and my legs hanging out.

When we finally sorted the matter out we got on a luxury VIP bus, and I got some much needed sleep. While some how Delarmi on the bus pulled a local girl who did not speak a word of English and was sat with her mum. Impressive!

When we got back to Bangkok, the storm continued and I manged to get some good pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



17th June 2006

daves baldness
surprise cockbag

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1123s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb