Hypnotic Vibe, Limestone Cliffs, Bob Marley in my Ears (by Monty)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
October 27th 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The entrance to Railay Beach is a gateway to tropical heaven. The only way to get here is by longboat and so we arrived at dusk on a weighted down longboat filled with backpackers on October 20th. A sliver of land, guarded by giant limestone cliffs with beachfront real estate on all sides. Sunset gazers and rock climbers toast one another from seat cushions on makeshift bamboo decks overlooking the ocean. James Bond Islands compete against one another, like stalagmites reaching from the depths of the Indian Ocean. We spent 7 glorious days laying about beachside pools, swimming in blue lagoons and toasting sunsets that would make you cry. This is a place on earth where ropes reach down from distant caves in the heavens and rock outcroppings melt from the skies. Behind the vines and twisting rock was a vast network of caves. A casual stroll through the jungle to an outlying beach would always present us with a cave or two to poke our heads through. Some caves reached deep into mountains, raised wooden platforms beneath shaky feet lead to caverns large enough to fit homes, while other caves were dark and misty with small bat sounds emulating from their depths and it was these caves we left to other, braver travelers to explore. Only once did Trisha hyperventilate and knock me down, while sprinting to the exit as the bats above screeched louder and louder! J We watched wild monkeys being hand fed from roves of on-lookers, ate ears of hot corn from beach vendors and spent some lazy days getting Thai Massages and slipping into deep food comas from our beautiful hotel resort room.
Off to Ko Tao...


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Barracuda Kebob!Barracuda Kebob!
Barracuda Kebob!

We ate alligator too! yummy
The Sister Resort to our PlaceThe Sister Resort to our Place
The Sister Resort to our Place

So, we got to use two different pools :)
Yes, I turned my hair green!Yes, I turned my hair green!
Yes, I turned my hair green!

& had to put tomato juice in it.. Monty got a good laugh!
Amazing! Amazing!
Amazing!

They went up forever!.. & housed loads of bats!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb