The Amazing Rai Lei Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
March 3rd 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, didnt quite realize that this address was being passed around, so im sorry for getting so personal on the last entry. But for those worrying about my arm, it is starting to get better...Still a couple of days before i can go into the water but its looking promising.

Well, since the last entry we travelled over to a place on the west coast of thailand, Krabi, where we stayed overnight. This was just a place to stay before we headed over to Rai Lei beach which is where i am currently writing to u from. When we woke up (march 2) we hopped on a tiny banana boat in which they squeezed 7 people on. After taken this 20 minute boat ride, we arrived at the most surreal place i have ever been to. The scenary is amazing; both the mountains and the beach. Kev swam during the day while i just lay on the beach in the shade and listened to my mp3 player and read my book-Go figure.

Funny story...While hanging out on the beach playing with my camera, a monkey darted out from behind me and jumped over my head, grabbed a banana off the people sitting next to me and ran off. Saw tonnes a little after which i took a bunch of pics of.

At night we went to a bar by our cabin which featured thai boxing, Thai people playing with fire, and a cobra show. The thai boxing was awesome. These guys didnt hold back! The cobra show was pretty freaky too. Really interesting to see how they maneuver around the snakes as a lot of it has to do with staring the snake in the eyes, nonetheless it was pretty freaky.

This morning we woke up pretty late and heading down to the beach again. Got some of the most amazing sunset pictures. This place is honestly the most beautiful place i have ever seen!

Tommorrow our plan is to head over to Koh Pi Pi which is meant to be even nicer than here. We update everyone hopefully sometime in the next couple days.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying life as much as i am right now!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.487s; Tpl: 0.146s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb