Railay


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
July 16th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Musical chairs 13 secs
Railay was a great place to finish off the tour because there were as little or as many activities as one wanted. I ended up doing a few activities in the week that we were there, including a Thai cooking course. I now know how to whip up a mean masseman curry of tom yum soup! Being one of the most world renowned rock climbing sites, I couldn't pass us this opportunity. A couple other group members and myself hired a couple guides with all the right gear to take us out for the afternoon. The climbs were pretty spectacular once you got up higher! The area is a peninsula off of the mainland, so it's scenic cliffs make it very secluded and definitely add to the view. Everyone walks in the area, there are no vehicles, only a couple of scooters & tractors, which meant no dodging of crazy crazy drivers for once!
The group also took an afternoon to head over to a local school, where we basically spent the afternoon playing with the kids who were about 8-12 years old. Most of them were so excited to be around us they could hardly contain themselves! It was a great experience on both ends, I'm sure.
Railay also has a beautiful East coast beach with some spectacular sunsets & views of course. Being from Alberta, by this time on the trip I was growing a bit tired of beach lounging, so I didn't end up spending all that much time here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Thai kidsThai kids
Thai kids

This boy took my camera and got some great photos


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb