Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
January 31st 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after syaing goodbye to Phi Phi we had the short trip to Krabi. After an other rough boat ride we arrived back to mainland and the krabi beaches. There were 2 beaches here. Tonsai beach had the more posh and expensive resorts and 200 meters down the caost Rai Lei the more backpack places. The beaches were seperated by huge rock formations and when you looked closer these rocks were swarming every day by rock climbers. Basically 90% of the people here were here for the climbing (of couse there was a better chance of hell freezing over than me getting up onto those rocks) so alot of them went to bed early and got up early.....which seemed like a rediculous idea to mick and meself. The bars were quiet at night so it was a good place to recharge the batteries.
So after a few days we must have been really bored when mick decided we should do a thai cooking course. I must have been drunk coz it seemed like a great idea .....you know add another string to the bow when trying to impress the chicks and we could meet a few chicks on the course too. But the morning of the course we were a bit hungover and on our own in the class, no girls at all. But to be fair we had fun with our little chef who taught us 5 really good dishes,(have you cooked any of these back home yet mick) and who laughed constantly every time she looked at us in our chef hats. So we had a good time there.
Later that day we met the buenos aires girls ceci and romina again on beach and passed the last night exchanging stories and plans.
Sadly it was time to move on and finally leave Thailand the Land of Smiles. I spent a night in Trang near the malay border which i would recommend to anyone by the way. There are no tourists in this town and being the only white guy in the local night club is great for the auld ego i tell ya! In 2 seperate bars the bands stopped playing their music to welcome me in....my head was that big i could hardly get in the door!
Thailand is just an amazing country from north to south. Every place we went to the days were spent taking amazing photos and the nights were spent partying with great friends from all over the world. Im gonna miss this place and will definately be back for more in the near future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



12th March 2007

krabi cooks
Chris, I was wondering why you didn't ring me on Shrove Tuesday wanting to know how to make pancakes!! You were too busy learning more exotic dishes.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb