Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 15th 2013
Published: March 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

To get to Phuket we had a 2 day journey - from Pai to Chang Mai by minibus – train from Chang Mai to Bangkok – overnight train to Suran Tani then bus to Phuket.



The first few days we stayed in Phuket Town which there wasn’t an awful lot to do there. So we rented a scooter and drove to a few beaches around Patong – the drive over the mountain was fun with lovely fews over the town and beach. After a few days we moved over to Patong to be closer to the beach and this seemed to be were all the night life was. We did all the normal things – hit the main strip for a night out – watched all the ladyboys and the dirty birdy old men with their young Thai girls on their arms. Crazy place!







Next day we hit the beach to try and get rid of our extreme tshirt tan that wed got from being on the motorbike in Vietnam – not a good look. Unfortunately this resulted in first degree sunburn and we could only move like robots – even worse look then before. So once again we had to chill out in the air-conditioned rooms with our Aloe Vera close by at all times.



We took a day trip to Burma with Gary Glitter and all his mates on a Visa run to extend our Thai Visa. It was a long boring day but it had to be done.



Phuket was pretty crap – theres not much to see or do apart from the beach and a strip where you can get drunk 24-7. We found it expensive too so were happy to move on.



Hiiiiii to all friends and family back home!!



-Phil & Alana



xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb