Teacher! Teacher!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 3rd 2006
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Injury make-upInjury make-upInjury make-up

Make-up to create scratches & brusies on arms and hands - think it looks pretty real.
Hello,

Have completed my stint of teaching in a Govt school and enjoying it much more that first thought. After the long gap between my course and picking up the chalk again, I think it was just a shock to the system. Most of the Thai children are lovely and I'm missing them already.

I've also worked another day as an extra on the making of the drama/doc "Aftermath". Yesterday was an airport scene following the tsunami when the tourists were trying to get flights home. Our make-up consisted of scars and bruises which looked really authentic. I told one of my mates that I'd come off my motorbike (ha ha! I know I'm sick, sorry). I also got to stand near Tim Roth, but didn't speak to him. He didn't look very approachable and disappeared as quick as he could after the shooting (that's a filming terminology, no one was actually shot in the making of the film).

Have been out exploring the island a bit on my motorbike. It's a beautiful place. The only blot on the landscape is Patong which is a bit like Blackpool on speed. It's the place for Western men to pick up Thai ladies and lady-boys. Definately worth a visit for the novelty value & go-go bars, but not somewhere to stay for long.

I also went to a National Park where there is a Gibbon Rehabilitation Project (no, not for alcoholic or drugged up monkeys). They have rescued gibbons from shady characters who have dressed them up and taught them to smoke & juggle. I did take some juggling balls along with me but was told that it was inappropriate. 😉 I just passed them fags through the bars instead.

On Sunday I ventured across to the west side of the island and visited Surin and Bang Tao beaches. With this being the monsoon season the surf is really up and the beaches pretty much deserted. I did get a couple of hours of sunshine but it then rained in the afternoon. I have a very attractive (not) bin-liner/poncho that I throw on at the first sigh of rain when I'm motorbiking. You literally have about 3 seconds to pull over and get it on before you get drenched. Yesterday it rained all day & it's starting to p*ss me off a tad. I CANNOT have my tan fading before I come home to Blighty.

Start a new job tomorrow teaching staff in a gorgeous hotel. The only concern is whether I'll be able to use the facilities 😊 Will let you know!

Ciao, Deb x


Advertisement



3rd July 2006

hi
youre mad! Its roastin here at the moment, really enjoying ood weather. Works borin No news really cx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb